Sunday, April 01, 2007

The rains bring the buggies

It's been raining here in Houston. A lot and a lot of rain. Some parts of Houston have flooding, but it's not bad. I like the rain because it brings the buggies. Beanmom doesn't like the rain because of the very same reason. She said that the mozzies are back. I say, "Well let them in, mom! You know I love to chase and hunt them down."

I am an expert mozzie hunter. I also hunt the Giant Mozzie. Mom says they're not mozzies at all, but they definitely look like them. Those guys are the best to hunt.

My other favourite buggie to hunt is the Unmentionable Buggie (cockroach). Beanmom absolutely abhors those buggies and she says all kinds of rude words when she sees one. I always swoop in and save her from the terror of the Unmentionable Buggie.

It's been a while since I've had a good hunt. Buggie season is just starting in Houston, though, I'm sure I'm in for some adventures.

10 Comments:

At 3:24 PM, Blogger Daisy said...

That thing is BIG! Is it the same thing as a Crane fly? I learnt about those from Forty Paws. Their legs fall off!

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

It is not bug weather here yet. Gotta get a lot warmer.

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

There are lots of Unmentionable Buggies in Albuquerque. Thankfully we rarely get them inside but outside in the summer is another matter--they have parties on our patio every night! At least they don't fly, like I heard they do in the southern part of the state! I think my mom would croak.

 
At 2:30 AM, Blogger Karen Jo said...

Have fun with your bug hunts. I think Daisy is right and the big bug is a Crane fly. Save your Mom from all the Unmentionable Buggies.

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

mommy is shaking and going AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. she is scairt of bugs of all kinds.

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Stewie loves to hunt the Giant Mozzies. The Girl says they come into the house in droves, so Stewie has such fun. I'm just happy he chases the bugs and not me.

Good luck mozzie hunting!

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Zeus said...

I don't think our human pet will be leaving the house during morning hours. She's too petrified to take the risk. Night time is particularly bad as well since she can't *see* them. Maybe we'll just stay indoors forever!

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Tiki, Kirby, and StanLee said...

We are very impressed by your bug hunting skills!

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Lux said...

It's Unmentionable Buggie season here, too, when I post myself by the front door around 9:00 p.m.

Nice to meet you, Ms. Mia!

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger The Fluffy Tribe said...

That is a wild looking but Mia, you better be careful in yer hunting ~Poiland Tribe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home