Monday, April 03, 2006

Bean Control

I've been practising the fine art of bean control to get my way. This is my method. I wake them up sweetly in the mornings, wif soft meows and bread and butter paw action. I work like the snooze button, checking in on them every 5 minutes. If I hear the magic words, "we don't have to go to work today", then I know it's time to really work it.

Once my beans are actually awake and out of bed, the campaign begins in full force. I meow and I meow and I meow. Mom usually says something like "what's the matter, Mia?" Then I'll tell her that I want to go outside. It's a beautiful day. I want to go outside. The usual response is, "OK we'll go, but not right now, in a little while." I just meow and meow my displeasure at having to wait.

I'm hard to ignore while I'm meowing at full speed and high volume. Bean dad will then always ask bean mom what is wrong wif me. Bean mom will reply that I want to go outside. Bean dad will say that I'm lucky to have a home.

True.

Bean mom will then say, "it's a nice day, I'll take her out in a little while".

OK. Once those words have been said, and trust me, they say it everytime, I know it's a matter of time. So I wait, maybe 15 catminutes and start meowing. I follow my beans around the house meowing, just to make sure they haven't forgotten.

This usually does the trick and mom gets the leash. Of course I can't wait any more once I see the leash. I just meow with delight. I love going outside, I wish I didn't have to wear the leash, but mom insists. We walk, I roll in the dirt and eat grass because it's nutritious and delicious and I watch the birdies and the squirrels real close.

I was able to go outside TWICE this weekend. I like to think I have my beans completely under control.

12 Comments:

At 1:46 PM, Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

Yeah, we have to wear leashes too but the tradeoff for going outside makes it ok.

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

Yup, you have "control." I have control, too, but Mittens, not so much. She is too big of a scairty cat to ever get the NO word tossed at her, she does this cry baby cry thing, in that, yes, she does control Mom.

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

I am a totally inside kitty, so hearing about your outside adventures is nice.

Still not very warm here to go hang outside.

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Max said...

Don't you worry about encountering rude outside kitties when you go out?

 
At 6:06 AM, Blogger Spock said...

Yeah...you need your own door like mine!

 
At 8:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I gotta try that on my beans!

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Edsel/The Pooch said...

my Mom thought 'bout a leash for me once, but i changed her mind reaaal fast. my sister and i go out in the fenced in yard only when my Mom is home and can "watch" us. we pester them too to go out, 'cause it's so much fun

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger PrincessMia said...

Max, once mom and me were walking, minding our own business. We stopped outside a house a'cause they had some good grass. Out popped 2 beans attached by leashes to the 2 poodies. Oh my. I decided to say hello to one poodie, but he/she was very rude and growled at me. To my face. The nerve. I just backed off, never taking my eyes off the kitty. I didn't want to make a scene. As for all the other poodies that love to prance around in my yard, they never come out when I'm out.

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Kukka-Maria said...

You're lucky you get to go outside. My mom bought a leash for me when I was smaller, but I just rolled on the warm driveway and wouldn't walk with it on. She then said, "If you're just going to come out here to get dirty, you've got another thing coming, lil' girl!"

I thought she meant "treats" when she said "another thing," but I guess I was mistaken...

 
At 12:26 AM, Blogger The Fluffy Tribe said...

excellent job Mia ~Merlin, Shadow, Ko Ko

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

good job Mia. We are not allowed to go outside at all.

 
At 8:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go, Ms. Mia! Yes, you have your humans under your thumb (OK, it's a figure of speech.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home