Saturday, April 29, 2006

What a day!

Posted by Picasa

First off, let me say that I'm OK. Beanmom took me to the stabby place today a'cause she said I hadn't been eating properly for the past few days. I wasn't too interested in the crunchy goodness or the stinky goodness, but I was still doing all my usual stuff; watching birdies, patrolling for intruders and playing with my toys.

As soon as I saw beandad with the carrier, I did my darndest not to get in it. Beandad won. We got to the stabby place and they saw me in the exam room on the dog side. I was so not impressed with that. The nice vet tech guy weighed me and he said I had lost 2 pounds, since my last weigh in September. Beanmom was not happy with that. Then the nice vet tech too my temperature, which I did not like and he said I had a fever. Beanmom was not happy with that either. Then Dr. Rosser came in and she poked around my tummy and it was ouchie! Then they took x-rays and Dr. Rosser said that it seemed like I had some for-ren par-tee-culs in my co-lon and that I was stopped up. She said this was good. It meant that whatever it was, was on it's way out. She asked beanmom is she could give me an en-ne-ma and they took me in the back to do that. I didn't like that. Beanmom said that she would see me in a little while.

Then I had to go potty. A lot. Dr. Rosser said I pooped a big hairball. (urgh! I'm sooo embarrassed) Then, after a while, they gave me and ap-pe-tite steem-moo-lant and some stinky goodness. Oh man! I ate that stinky goodness up. My beans came to pick me and Dr. Rosser said that I have to take this stuff for hairballs so it won't happen again. They also gave my beans some more ap-pe-tite steem-moo-lant for me to use if I need it. When I got home, I started grooming my, ahem, parts, which still had the medicine on it and it tasted yucky and made me drool and beanmom put the paper collar on me so I wouldn't be able to reach said parts.

I'm knackered now and I'm a gonna take a nap. Even if I have to do it with this paper thing on my neck.


17 Comments:

At 8:16 PM, Blogger =^..^= said...

Get well furry soon, my Princess! Let me know if you need anything at all. Even if it's your bean grampies that you want. I think I may have found a way to teleport beans together with us.

~Bombay

 
At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Princess, we're all sending Good vibes your way. Hope you're back to normal (and your normal weight) fast.

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Mrs. Sniffles said...

Wow! That sounds like quite an ordeal, I hope you are feeling much better!!!!

 
At 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure hope you're feelin' better now, Mia! Enema don't sound cool at all.

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger Fat Eric said...

What a terrible ordeal, poor Princess Mia! Hope you are soon feeling all better and eating (and pooping) loads. I used to get a lot of hairballs (being super long haired) but I have some hairball stuff mixed in with my food and now I hardly ever get them. That's good because I'm SURE I wouldn't enjoy an enema!!

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger PrincessMia said...

Thanks efurryone for all the get well wishes. Beanmom gave me my med-dee-kay-shuns today. One was extra gross and called lax-a-tone. It was all gooey and she put in on my paw! Ewww! Of course, I had no choice but to lick it off. The other med-dee-kay-shun was a pill. Well half a pill. Beandad had to hold me still while beanmom forced it in my mouth. I hate pills. Since I had that awful pill, I've been eating stinky goodness, but it am making me v-e-r-y s-l-e-e-e-e-e-p-y. I hope I don't have to take that pill again. I need a nap.

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Quinn and Angel brandi said...

We have had laxatone at our house. My sister used it cause she got hairballs. Mama would put it on her toothies.

Blah!

Get better soon, you poor puddie!

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

My Dear Princess, I didn't get to read this until Sunday. Hopes you are much better. Mum gives me some stuff to makes sure I don't gets those hairballs.

Purrs, sandpaper kissies and snuggles to you.

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger Max said...

=^O.O^=

That can happen???
Yikes.

I hope you're eating now and feeling better and most of all POOPING so they NEVER do that to you again!!!

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

Oh no MiaBella! Grampa Norton has had to have the enema thing lots 'acause of a prollem wif his insides. he hates it. we hope you feel better really soon!

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger PrincessMia said...

Thank you, Derby. ::purrpurrpurr::

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger PrincessMia said...

Max - I didn't know that could happen eifer. I had 2 poops this morning, I think a'cause of that super nasty lax-a-tone stuff. Mom put it on my paw again today. ick.

Meezers - I hope I don't have to have one again. I didn't like it.

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger The Crew said...

Oh Mia, we just caught up on our reading. Since we don't get any Stinky Goodness, we can't make any recommendations, but we sure hope you'll be better soon. Listen to your V.E.T. and do what they tell you.

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Zeus said...

Get well super soon, Ms. Mia! The whole experience sounds dreadful, but if you hadn't gone, then you wouldn't be able to tell us about it! Your human pets are so doting on you!

Sending you warm, fuzzy hugs!

Zeus, Isis, and the human pet

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Kukka-Maria said...

I thought enemas were like M&Ms, but then my mom explained the difference. THEY ARE NOTHING LIKE M&Ms!

Hopefully this will make you feel better: I was at some of the major fashion house websites today and everyone is copying your paper collar! It's the rage for summer!

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger Victor Tabbycat said...

That's no way to treat a princess! You should do like Bonnie and bring hairballs up, not down. She does that lots.

Mom says Bonnie won't lick the remedy, so she's trying to use Pounce Hairball Remedy treats. Bonnie only likes them so-so. She's so difficult!

Purrs an headbutts so you're all better soon an stay that way.

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Edsel/The Pooch said...

oh my, i just saw that you were sick. i'm glad the medicine helped and you're gettin' better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home