Thursday, September 07, 2006

It's harder than I thought

It's harder than I thought to have a brofur. I know that technically Tigey is my cousin, but now that he's living wif me, I guess he's my brofur. He meows at all hours of the night and wakes up my beans, then goes to sleep and meows again once the beans have fallen asleep. His purrthing is the loudest I've ever heard. He positively rumbles. He sleeps on my bed, my chair, my sofa, my every where.

Beanmom wrote on her blog about Tigey and I'm putting it here too so that all the poodies who missed it can read about him.

The Return of Belly Flap


At the beginning of May 2005, we had an unexpected visitor arrive on our back porch. A lovely tabby was begging to be let in. He was unrelentant. We did not let the tabby into the house. Mia was jumping around, trying to go through the windows. Rags wasn't too fussed about the cat outside the window. We called him Belly Flap.



In the evening of the same day, we took Rags out for his evening walk. Belly Flap followed us the whole way, for the whole walk, meowing all the way. We were quite perplexed.

After a few days of Belly Flap hanging around and following us on each nightly walk with Rags, we looked around the neighbourhood to see if anyone was missing a cat, nobody seemed to be. We determined that Belly Flap might be abandoned so we decided to find a home for him. We took him to the vet where he got a clean bill of health. We let Belly Flap into the house.

Belly Flap was in love with Rags. All he wanted to do was hang out with Rags and put his stinky rub on Rags. I was terrified that Rags would eat the cat, but of course, he did not.

We took Belly Flap to DH's Aunt who lived on the family estate in the house that DH's great grandfather built in the town that was named after him.

After leaving Belly Flap there, I was heartbroken. I had fallen in love with Belly Flap too. I second guessed our decision and worried that we had made a bad decision by taking the Belly Flap to the farm. DH's Aunt's health was feeble and I worried she wasn't able to look after him.

DH's Aunt fell in love with Belly Flap and Belly Flap with her. He brought her joy. She christened him Tiger and he started living the life of Riley on the family estate. We would go out there to visit every now and then, the last time we were there was in the middle of August for Family Reunion.

This past Saturday morning, DH's mom called and told him that the house had burned down. His aunt was OK, one of the cousins was with her when the fire started and he pulled her out. They didn't take the cat with them. We went to the estate to get Belly Flap. It started to rain during the drive up there and it began to come down in sheets.

When we got to the house, and I saw what was left, I burst into tears. I was horrified and terrified that Belly Flap was lost in the fire. We parked the car and I went up to the porch and called out, "Tiger".






He answered me. He was right there.

I snatched him up and ran to the car. I was so relieved. We drove back to Houston. Belly Flap wasn't too impressed with the car ride, and complained the whole way. When we got home, we set him up in one of the rooms and let him recover.



Mia was non too pleased, even though they had met before. She's been growling and hissing and having staring matches. Belly Flap has no reaction. He just oozes serenity.

We're glad you're back, Belly Flap.


Phew! What a story, don't you think?

15 Comments:

At 10:55 PM, Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

Oh, another wonderful story!!!!! Yipee for Belly Flap!!!

Mistrie says hi to Mia!!

CalicoMom Toni

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

awwww Mia. Poor Belly Flap Tiger. I fink that you two will get along great once efurryfing settles down. - Sammy

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Amy in NC said...

PMB, you need to be nice to Belly Flap aka Tiger - he lost his house. Now, after a couple of weeks, then you can be mean to him for taking over your house.

~The Monsters

Princess Mia,

I am glad to hear that your dad's Aunt made it to safety and that Tiger has a good home. It's awful that the house was lost, but it is more important that no one was hurt. Be nice to Belly Flap (what a *great* name), he needs time to get adjusted to his new life.

The Monsters' Mom

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Rascal said...

Quite a story! Seems to me that Belly Flap and Catzee have some things in common, such as taking over the entire household! I'm on Mia's side here, though I better warn her that eventually she'll start to not mind him.

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Kukka-Maria said...

He sort of looks like a browner (and, I'm sorry, but less-attractive) version of me!

Perhaps he is my brother! Especially with the name "Belly Flap." I might be hot, but I do sport quite the gut...

 
At 5:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

those house pic-shures is horry-bull! so glad ya could find the poor guy an take him in. he doesn't sound annoying, so maybe you'll get used ta him

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger Fat Eric said...

That's a big change for you, Mia. I'm glad that Tiger made it through the house fire safely. He looks like he has made himself quite at home in your house. That's like me, I was zzzing on my back all relaxed within a day of moving in here, but my sister took a bit longer to feel secure. You will get used to Tiger, he seems like a cool sort of character, I'm sure he won't give you any trouble.

 
At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ms. Mia, even a princess needs to make allowances. Welcome back Tiger (Belly Flap) into your home. He's a good kitty!

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Gigolo Kitty said...

Belly Flap is the coolest name for a cat:) But not to worry Miss Mia, you are still the prettiest.

 
At 4:14 AM, Blogger =^..^= said...

It is NOT easy hafing a bruffur. But you can see it this way... you are now his BIG sisfur and THAT means you can boss him around! I dunno fur shure if I am older than Bangles, but I boss him around anyway! Muahaha!

~Bombay

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Spock said...

Oh my! I is so sorry (or happy) you gots a new brofur/cusin. You am still one of tha purrty-est kitties around Mia!

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

That was a very good story. And it does have a happy ending.

Belly Flap, Catzee and KC all have something in common: THEY ARE KITTIES THAT CAME IN AND TOOK OVER!

Lovely Missy and the dashing Rascal are both adjusting very well, and I am sure the beautiful Mia will.

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Mia yoo gotta feel sorry fer poor Belly Flap. Him an his bean mum could haf lost there lives in that fire. They was furry lucky they was safe.Yoo will haf to be a good sisfurr to him, but keep him in order.

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

That is a great story. Tiger is way luckier than a lot of cats would be and he has found a great home with great people who love cats. Mia, you two will be comfy together very soon!

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Whew. We are so glad he wasn't lost in the fire. How horrible. How lucky he is that you brought him home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home